Museum Discovery Quests are self-guided pamphlets that offer a fun exploration through the Museum. Kids can experience exhibits and artifacts in new and entertaining ways that pique their curiosity and captivate their attention. The theme changes regularly. Bonus: on Sunday afternoons only, you receive a free Take It N’ Make It activity packet to create a fun project at home.
MDQ #03 – “Stories”
Photographs and objects tell us stories—if we know how to listen! Take a journey through the Museum to discover some. Click here to see the MDQ.
Take It N’ Make It activity packet project: Crazy Quilt Block
MDQ #02 – “Tools & Simple Machines”
Explore the Museum and see what tools and simple machines can you find! Click here to see the MDQ.
Take It N’ Make It activity packet project: Catapult
MDQ #01 – “Structures”
Take a journey through the Museum to explore structures including the 1898 Post Office Building, bridges within our model train diorama and the log cabin! Click here to see the MDQ.
Take It N’ Make It activity packet projects: Plastic Straw Truss Bridge or Log Cabin
Exclusive offering for Homeschool and Virtual Learning Families! Get out of the house, away from the screen, and up close and personal with “the real thing” in history, art, and science. Embark on a Museum Discovery Quest (MDQ) with your family! MDQs are self-guided pamphlets that offer a fun and educational journey through the Museum’s exhibits. They:
- Utilize inquiry-based questions to encourage critical-thinking and observation skills.
- Stimulate children’s curiosity and captivate their attention .
- Help children make meaningful connections between the Museum’s exhibits and the world around them.
- Include accompanying Take It N’ Make It Packets (with all or almost all of the supplies your child needs to complete a related project at home).
- Come with “Beyond the Museum” activity ideas, to extend the discovery.
This program is free with regular Museum admission (or Museum Membership). Click here for Museum admission.
Museum Discovery Quests are designed for kids age six and above, though younger children are welcome to attend.
Each child age six and above has one of three MDQ themes from which to choose: STRUCTURES, TOOLS & SIMPLE MACHINES and STORIES. Click on each theme to see the MDQs and their accompanying Take It N’ Make It project.
Reserve online by clicking on the day/time below, or call Seasons: The Museum Store at 931-648-5780 ext. 2039. Reservations and payment must be made at least one week in advance. Space is limited.
MDQ Homeschool Sessions:
Other Things You Need to Know:
- In addition to completing the Museum Discovery Quest, you will have ample opportunity to explore the interactive children’s areas. The interactive areas close at 4:30 p.m.
- You will pick up your MDQ upon arriving at the Museum. You can pick up the accompanying Take It N’ Make It packet on your way out.
- In order to facilitate the spacing and timing of visitors, we request that you start your visit by completing the MDQ before moving on to the children’s interactive areas.
- The Museum is open with health and safety precautions to ensure the safety of visitors and staff.
- The Museum is closed for sanitizing between 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- Under the current emergency mandate for Clarksville-Montgomery County, masks are required to be worn over the nose and mouth while inside the Museum for ages 13 and up at this time. Masks for children ages 5 and up are also strongly encouraged due to the inability to social distance in the hands-on areas. Masks for both children and adults are provided at the Visitor Services desk in the Museum lobby if needed.
- Children age six and above can register for only one Museum Discovery Quest theme & accompanying Take It N’ Make It Packet per session.
- Children age five 5 and under do not select a Museum Discovery Quest theme; but they are welcome to attend with their older siblings, and a take-home craft packet will be provided for preschoolers.
- Food and drinks are not permitted in the Museum galleries or interactive areas.
MDQ Perks Pass – Earn a Prize!
Think your child will be returning to complete other MDQ themes in the future? Be sure to pick up a MDQ Perks Pass! When you child completes three different MDQs (on three different visits), they will receive a special prize from Seasons: The Museum Store! (No more than one prize can be redeemed in a two-month period.)