The Bennett Prize, created in 2018, awards $50,000 to a woman artist to create her own solo exhibition of figurative realist paintings. This traveling exhibition includes the work of the ten 2021 finalists and a solo exhibition by the inaugural Bennett Prize winner, Aneka Ingold.
“We are thrilled to be one of six museums in the country to showcase this fabulous exhibition of talented women figurative artists,” says Exhibits Curator Terri Jordan.
This exhibition is shown as part of the Museum’s annual Women’s History Month Celebration.
- Sophia-Yemisi Adeyemo-Ross, Providence, Rhode Island
- Tanmaya Bingham, Portland, Oregon
- Chloe Chiasson, Brooklyn, New York
- June Glasson, Millbrook, New York
- Holly Keogh, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Lavely Miller, Baltimore, Maryland
- Rebecca Orcutt, North Bend, Washington
- Ayana Ross, McDonough, Georgia (2021 Bennett Prize Winner)
- Su Su, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Amy Werntz, Dallas, Texas
- Aneka Ingold, Tampa, Florida (2019 Bennett Prize Winner)