MDQ Homeschool Sessions
December 3 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Exclusive offering for Homeschool and Virtual Learning Families! Get out of the house, away from the screen, and up close and personal with “the real thing” in history, art, and science. Embark on a Museum Discovery Quest (MDQ) with your family! MDQs are self-guided pamphlets that offer a fun and educational journey through the Museum’s exhibits. They:
- Utilize inquiry-based questions to encourage critical-thinking and observation skills.
- Stimulate children’s curiosity and captivate their attention .
- Help children make meaningful connections between the Museum’s exhibits and the world around them.
- Include accompanying Take It N’ Make It Packets (with all or almost all of the supplies your child needs to complete a related project at home).
- Come with “Beyond the Museum” activity ideas, to extend the discovery.
This program is free with regular Museum admission (or Museum Membership).
Museum Discovery Quests are designed for kids age six and above, though younger children are welcome to attend.
Find out more about this offering here.
Register for this event here.