- This event has passed.
Dissect an Owl Pellet: A “Hands-on, Minds-on” Activity
March 11, 2021 @ 10:15 am - 4:45 pm
Ages 6+ only (Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult)
10:15 am, 11:15 am, 12:15 pm, 2:15 pm, 3:15 pm, 4:15 pm
* Space is limited. Reservations must be made on the day of the program at Visitor Services.
Investigate, examine and identify what an owl eats by dissecting a real owl pellet (the undigested parts of its food, coughed up through the beak)! Find parts of its prey, like tufts of fur, tiny skulls and other bones. You can even take home your pellet remains! Facilitated by Ms. Pat, Education Associate.
SPECIAL MUSEUM PROGRAM GUIDELINES
- Extra safety precautions are being implemented for all programs.
- Masks are required for all program participants ages 5 & above (children’s masks are available at no cost at Visitor Services).
- Social distancing will be practiced.
- Space is limited for all programs and is on a first-come basis; please check with Visitor Services on the day of the program to confirm availability.